UCCS Radio: Twenty Years & Still Growing
The UCCS Internet Radio Station was built from the ground up by the student members of the UCCS Chapter of the ACM beginning in 2003. During the first 2 years of existence, the station operated as a group within the ACM Student Club and was affiliated with the Computer Science Department within the College of Engineering and Applied Science. UCCS’s Internet Radio provides streaming audio content for the UCCS campus, the Colorado Springs community, and beyond. We are the official UCCS Campus Radio Station, and provide broadcast media infrastructure to students, alumni, & staff or faculty members from our studio on campus. During the Fall of 2005, the UCCS Internet Radio Station became an official organization within the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and received sponsored funding from a number of the different schools on campus.
In the Spring of 2015, UCCS Radio received its first three Intercollegiate Broadcast System Awards in New York City, including a nomination for “Best Online College Radio Station,” in the entire United States.
In 2020, the station went offline due to COVID and was then rebuilt and rebranded in the summer of 2022. In 2023, the station was nominated for “Best Online Streaming College Radio Station” for its variety of student and staff created programming and content.
Over the past 20 years, the station has received 10 award nominations overall, and two first place submissions. UCCS Radio Station now operates as an independent organization within UCCS’s Student Life and Leadership program, and through Student Media funding, continues to provide programming for students, by students!
Our staff includes:
- Caitlyn Branine – Station Manager
- Tristan Snook – Sound Engineer
- Brody Schmidt – Director of External Affairs
- MJ Arjomandi – Faculty Advisor
Station Contributors and Show Hosts
- Stephen Cucchiara – Director of Student Engagement
- Dr. Tom Francis – Host of Dr. T’s Psychological Playlist
- Jess Haag – Host of Better, Louder, Faster
- Justin Harris – Host of Local Lowlight
- Adrian Hernandez – Host of A Normal Radio Station
- Cole Mahon – Host of The Mountain Lion’s Den
- Cody Parish & Kalli Root – Hosts of October Academy
- Jake Ross – Host of Mountain Lion Chalk Talk
If you are interested in getting involved with UCCS Radio, please email [email protected] for more information.